Many people do not bruise or swell after Dermal Filler injections (Juvederm, Restylane etc.), but for those that do, here are effective guidelines to follow to drastically minimize these effects, and promote rapid healing.
(Please check with your doctor before any procedure. Do NOT stop any medication or add a homeopathic remedy without first consulting your doctor.)
- 1-2 weeks before – check with your doctor about medications that may affect the procedure (e.g. blood thinners)
- 1 week before – stop taking aspirin-type medications, NB: Tylenol (Acetaminophen) seems to be ok
- 3 days before – start taking Arnica tablets. Follow the directions but take approx. 2-3 tablets 3 times a day. They are found at health food stores
- 3 days before – start taking bromelain tablets (found naturally in the juice and stems of pineapples). Follow the directions but take approx. 2-3 tablets 3 times a day. They are found at health food stores
- 3 days before – start using topical Arnica – available to buy online at joyousskin.com
- 2-3 days before – stop drinking caffeine and alcohol
- 1 day before – perform limited or no exercise
- Apply ice before and after the procedure – it is wise to continue icing for several hours after the procedure itself
- Up to 1 day after – abstain from exercise
- Up to 2-3 days after – refrain from drinking caffeine and alcohol
- Up to 2-5 days after – continue taking oral bromelain and arnica
- Up to 2-5 day after – use topical arnica several times a day
Following these guidelines should drastically reduce bruising overall and speed up healing time.
Many thanks to Nancy Gold for the design of this protocol and sharing her fast-healing results. Following the above reduced her bruising to one minor area which healed within 3 days instead of the average 7-10 days.
Disclaimer: None of this should be taken as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before making any changes. Joyous Skin Care and Sunless Tanning, Nancy Gold and Murphy Plastic Surgery are not libel for any side effects occurring in following this protocol. It is merely a suggestion to improve healing time after Dermal Fillers.
Joyous Topical Arnica is available at Joyous Skin Care and Sunless Tanning for $4 a tube. 970-531-1576